Become a Supporting Member
By becoming a Supporting Member, your Company will be part of a network of selected experts on the national territory, ready to guarantee immediate provision of resources, facilities and means in case of emergency, in respect of the main procedures and high level standards approved by Authorities.
Supporting Members have the right of vote for the approval and amendments of the statute, for the regulations and for the nomination of the association’s executive Committee.
By becoming a Supporting Member you agree to the terms and conditions of our statute, specifically to articles 5, 6 and 7.
Art. 5 Requirements for admission to the "SOS Archivi" Association
Any natural person, company or organization that demonstrates, even alternatively, at least one of the following requirements can request participation in the Association:
1. be an archive or library manager or employee;
2. be a security manager or employee of a company or organization;
3. be a scholar of the filing of documents, library management or in any other related subjects;
4. be a professional with operations in the ICT sector, in particular in the management, archiving and conservation of documents and libraries sector;
5. be a professional with operations in the sectors: restoration, logistics, safety (fire-fighting devices), hygiene in the workplace, fixed and mobile equipment for archives and libraries and similar.
The acquisition of the status of member takes place following a formal application for membership forwarded to the secretariat and including the declaration of the possible existence of managerial positions in other associations having a similar social purpose; the application will be accepted at its discretion on the basis of the verification of the applicant’s requirements and without prejudice to the unquestionable and unappealable decision. The Founding Members, also taken individually and as natural persons, constitute a totally binding opinion on the registration of new members, for ethical purposes. Upon approval of the candidacy, the registration in the Register of Members and the simultaneous payment of the membership fee follows.
Art 6 - Members
Art. 6) Members of the association are individuals and legal entities, private and public entities, divided in the following categories:
a) founding members: they are all those who intervened in the deed of incorporation and who helped establish the first Governing Council;
b) ordinary members: they are those who, sharing the aims of the association, apply for admission to the Governing Council with the indication of the domicile to which the communications must be sent, and a declaration of full knowledge and acceptance of these statutory rules and the obligations to be these deriving, in particular as regards the payment of membership fees
c) honorary members: are those who, sharing the aims of the association, apply for admission to the Governing Council with the indication of the domicile to which communications must be sent, and a declaration of full knowledge and acceptance of these statutory rules and the obligations to be these deriving.
Legal and natural persons are considered honorary members and are appointed as such by the Board of the Association.
Honorary members are not subject to the obligation to pay membership fees. They participate and are promoters of activities and initiatives related to scientific research, in-depth study of technical issues, collaborating with the Technical Scientific Committee.
Those who possess at least one of the following requirements for admission can be admitted to the association:
- be an archive or library manager or employee;
- be a security manager or employee of a company or entity;
- be a scholar of document archiving, library management or related subjects;
- be a person who operates professionally in the ICT sector, in particular in the field of management, archiving and conservation of documents and libraries;
- be a professional in the sectors: digitization and enhancement of archives and libraries, restoration, logistics, safety (fire protection devices), hygiene in the workplace, fixed and mobile equipment for archives and libraries, and similar.
- Admission is deliberated – after hearing the opinion of the founding members – by secret ballot and majority vote by the Governing Council, and takes effect from the date of the resolution.
Any refusal must be motivated.
Art.7 - Membership fees
Associates, who are not honorary members, are required to pay the membership fee, differentiated according to the categories they belong to, which will be set each year by the Governing Council.
The fees paid are not repeatable in any way, neither in the event of the dissolution of the individual association relationship nor in the event of dissolution of the association. Membership status is not transferable.
Request the documentation for joining as a Supporting Member